London Calling


Sorry everyone, I haven’t forgotten about you, our internet has had some problems and won’t be properly back up and running until Monday. So here’s a quick update…

I have been in London now for a week and it’s already been pretty massive.  When we arrived I had my first black cab ride all the way from Heathrow Airport to Morden.  We have been staying with mummy and daddy’s friends Joanna, Jason, Henry and Lucille.  I really enjoyed it as Henry had lots of toys for me to play with.  Henry kept calling me ‘Baby Harlow’ and mummy was ‘Mummy Harlow’ and daddy was ‘Daddy Harlow’.  He was lots of fun.  Daddy was excited as he is working for Jason doing the Loft conversions.  He is happy to get back into work but we have missed him this week.

The weather (which I know is on everyone’s minds) has been lovely.  Everyone warned me about how cold it is in London but we have had nothing but nice weather.  In fact it has been so good that I have still worn some of my summer dresses.  Although mummy did buy me a very warm beanie and made me wear it on one of those hot days, because I looked so cute! I think everyone on facebook thought it was freezing over here because I looked a bit grumpy in my hat, but I was just hot!

On Thursday Nathan and Nikki came to London to visit us.  Nathan is playing Rugby for Gloucester and is spending about 6 weeks living in Cheltenham.  Mummy said it is really nice out that way in the English countryside and she is looking forward to visiting them as they have a nice big house with plenty of beds for us to stay.  So Nathan and Nikki came to visit and we had planned to show Nikki around London, It was both mine and Nikki’s first time in London, so mummy and Nathan were playing tour guide.  Our first stop was to visit Harrod’s; the store with everything! Mummy mapped out our route but we had a few hiccups.  We caught the overland train to Wimbledon station, then the tube to Earls Court.  At Earls court we were meant to catch the Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge but there was a trespasser on the track, so we had to catch the big red Bus.  That wasn’t a problem except that mummy put us on a bus going in the wrong direction.  So after about 90mins and a change of direction we finally arrived at Harrods.

My first Tube ride and I wasn't scared to go underground at all.

On the big red bus going the wrong way

Getting cuddles from Nikki and the Big Harrods Bear

WOW!! What a beautiful and magnificent store. It was huge and so grand.  Nathan was super hungry and we all felt like Pizza, well I didn’t mummy had mashed up 5 bean mix for me….yuck! After Pizza we had a little wonder around, we went to the Chanel exhibition, the Pet store – there were lots of nice things for Cherry-Garcia in there.  Luckily mummy kept her hands in her pockets and walked out with a full wallet, although there were plenty of nice things in there, they definitely come at a cost, an expensive one.  Sorry Cherry, you miss out but we got some lovely ideas for Christmas (if your a good puppy for Omi and Poppy).

We couldn’t leave Harrods without stopping in the Ice-creamery.  Nikki and Nathan each had a huge Sundae with lots of Ice cream and hot fudge sauce, it looked amazing, but as usual I wasn’t allowed any.

Nikki and Nathan at Morelli's Ice creamery

Following our visit to Harrods we took a nice walk through Hyde Park.  Nathan said that last time he walked through here it was in the middle of winter and it was super cold.  There was a winter wonderland set up with Ice-skating and German markets, and they ran into a D –list celebrity: Peter Andre.  Today however, was a lot warmer, it was like a beautiful summer’s day and no celebrity spotting for us.

Nikki was very excited to see Buckingham Palace, so we took a walk through Green Park and found our way out the front of the gigantic building.   It was very exciting to see where the Royal family visit when they come to London, and where Prince William and Kate had their first kiss as husband and wife (I watched the wedding with my G-nan and G-Dad in Coomera).  Mummy and I got lots of photo’s but I missed daddy.  We have been a little bit lonely now that he is back at work, we had so much fun together as a family when we were in Italy.  I like having him around all the time.  We will have to bring daddy next time so we can get some photos of the three of us.

Buckingham Palace

On the way home, we squished into the tube like sardines in a can and I made funny faces at all the strangers.  I was making lots of people laugh, probably the highlight of their day after a dull day at work.  To be honest I was exhausted and I pretty much fell straight asleep as soon as we got home.

Friday mummy got her hair done with Joanna and Daddy looked after Henry and I.  The weekend ahead is going to be pretty epic so I’ll save that for the next post.

H x



One response »

  1. Hi Harlow it was great to get your new update G Dad and I have been looking forward to it it looks like you have been having fun in London going on tube and bus and B Palace made G Dad and I a bit home sick, I have been B Palace lots of times with my Daddy when I was a little girl to watch changing of guards. You looked very cute outside Palace you are getting bigger every time we see photos lots of love and Kisses G Nan G Dad.xxxooo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s